- How do I get to the Detling Showground?
Travelling by Car
Use the postcode – ME14 3JF
The Kent Event County Showground is located on the A249, which is a dual carriageway. From the M20 Motorway, exit the motorway at Junction 7 and follow signs to Sittingbourne and Sheerness A249. The Kent Showground is clearly marked and is approximately 2 miles from the junction.
From the M2 Motorway, exit the motorway at Junction 5 signposted Maidstone A249. The Kent Showground is approximately 5 miles.
Plentiful free parking is available onsite.
Travelling by Public Transport
Whilst there is a limited bus service from Maidstone the bus stop is half an hour walk from the showground. We therefore advise you to get a taxi or come by car.
The nearest train station is Maidstone East.
View their Timetable or for more rail enquiries telephone: 08457 48 49 50.
Ashford International is a 20 minute drive (20 miles).
The Channel Tunnel is within a 40 minute drive (35 miles).
Gatwick Airport is just 41 miles and a 45-minute drive away.
Dover is within a 45-minute drive and 38 miles away.
- How do I get to Lingfield Park Racecourse and Brighton Racecourse?
- Is there parking at the venues?
Yes, there is plenty of free parking at the Detling Showground, Brighton and Lingfield Racecourses. The Pantiles had paid public car parking only.
- What time do your fairs open and how much does it cost?
For our Detling Showground Fair:
• Saturday: Early Entry 8:30am to 10.00am: £6 per person
• Saturday: Standard Entry 10:00am to 4:30pm: £5 per person
• Sunday: Entry 10:00am to 3:30pm: £4 per person
• Accompanied children under 16 enter free
For Brighton and Lingfield Fairs:
• Early Bird entry is from 9.30am, and admission is £5.
• Standard entry is from 10.30am and admission is £4
• Accompanied children under 16 enter free
• Early Bird entry is free for everyone
• Saturday: 10.30am to 5.00pm
• Sunday: 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Can I use my card to pay for entry to the fair?
For the Detling Showground: We only take cash on entry to the fair (no card payments or pre-booked tickets available)
For Brighton and Lingfield Racecourses: Yes, we prefer card payment for entry tickets, but can still accept cash too.
- Where can I buy tickets from?
For the Detling Showground fairs: No advanced tickets are available. They are available on the gate on the day of the event.
For Brighton and Lingfield Racecourse fairs: You can buy tickets either on this website in advance, OR you can buy tickets on the door on the day of the event.
- Can I bring my dog to the fair?
You are able to bring your dog, but it must be kept on a short lead at all times.
- Are the fairs suitable for disabled access?
Yes, all fairs are on a ground level, and have ramps for access where required. Please be aware that by to their very nature, the surface at the Pantiles is uneven.
Please see each event for it’s own accessibility information.
- Are the fairs inside or outside?
Detling Showground fair: The Detling fair has a large number of inside and outside stalls all year around.
Lingfield Racecourse fair: The Lingfield fair has both inside and outside pitches the summer months (April, July, August and September) but indoor only in November and January.
Brighton Racecourse fair: The Brighton fair is entirely indoors all year round (due to unpredictable weather conditions at the venue).
- Is there food and drink available to purchase at the venue?
There will be light snacks and refreshments available to buy on the day, including food, tea and coffee at all of our venues. The Detling Showground fair has a selection of catering vans.
- Are there cashpoints on site to withdraw money?
Although some dealers accept cards, some do not, so it is always best to bring cash with you to our fairs, but if you do need more cash whilst at the fair:
There are no cashpoints on site and although some exhibitors do accept card payments, some do not. Please bring enough cash with you for your requirements. There is a cashpoint in the Shell Petrol station on Detling Hill (0.5 miles away – 1 minute by car).
There are no cashpoints on site, but there are a number of cashpoints in Lingfield High Street (0.9 miles away – 2 minutes by car):
• Cooperative Food Store
• Shell Petrol Station
There are no cashpoints on site, but there are a large number within a mile radius in various shops and outlets.
There are cashpoint at various locations closeby.
- Are there toilet facilities at the fairs?
Yes, there are toilet facilities available at all of our events.